Under the direction of the HIMS Manager, the HIMS Operation Manager has regional responsibility for the overall operations of UHA Health Information Management Services. This includes supervising staff and operational activities within the following departments sections; release of information, chart completion, retrieval support, document imaging, discharge control, forms management, medical transcription, and master patient index functions and responsibilities. Supervises section productivity, turnaround times and quality of work. Prepares statistics and reports reflecting operational activity of the supervised area. Writes and maintains policies and procedures for the section.
- Working with site practice/office managers, provides operational oversight at all clinical locations.
- Assists in Developing strategic, financial and tactical plans and objectives for HIMS, meets agreed upon results, and retains the organization requirements to meet outlined objectives and provides regular and ad hoc reporting related to HIMS performance.
- Ensures that all UHA, Stanford, regulatory agency, quality policies and requirements are met.
- Recruits, hires and manages staff at UHA HIMS clinics/offices. Monitors staffing, delegates and coordinates tasks in order to maintain a system which assures effective, quality patient service, including coverage in service gaps.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of medical clinic operations/regulations, compliance and quality requirements related to provision of health care services.
- Ability to operate collaboratively across all functions and levels in the Medical Group, UHA, Stanford community and externally.
- High School diploma required; RHIT or RHIA required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in health care, business management, clinical services, or related field; Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience acceptable.
We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to UHACareers@UHAhealth.org. Please include: “HIMS Operation Manager" in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer