University HealthCare Alliance (UHA) has a new opportunity for a Project Manager at our Administrative Office in Menlo Park. UHA is a medical foundation affiliated with Stanford Health Care.
The Project Manager supports the department by managing multiple projects from inception through maintenance and completion; by leading project planning, tracking, reporting, and maintaining program endeavors that support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Drive sustained, measurable improvements in the patient and employee experience at the UHA clinics
- Facilitate disciplined visioning, project scoping, implementation and decision-making methods for projects both internal and external to the department
- Lead identified program endeavors and projects, (i.e. operational stabilization and efficiency improvement post EPIC “Go-Live” implementations)
- Design and prepare presentation reports that provide senior management and physician constituencies with summarized data trends and progress toward achieving project goals
- Analyze opportunities for departmental and high-level organizational improvement by leveraging understanding of various operational departments’ workflows and how the workflows affect clinic operations
- Serve as a primary resource for data reporting, data analysis, and data interpretation on assigned projects
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and recognize and use synergies from other projects to design creative solutions for technological and non-technological problems
- Research and analyze data from internal and external (benchmark) sources
- Train, coach, and mentor project owners
- Provide content expertise to department colleagues in the areas of project management, stakeholder readiness, change management, success measures , and identification of value-add and strategic opportunities
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university and have four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience. Additionally, they will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and in situations requiring instructing, persuading, negotiating, conflict resolution, consulting and advising as well as to prepare clear, comprehensive written and oral reports and materials
- Knowledge of methods of data collection, manipulation, interpretation and presentation of information, as well as knowledge of rigorous statistical analytics, research methodology and metrics
- Top-notch data analysis, presentation skills, problem solving, attention to detail and accuracy, operations, project management, interviewing, consulting, and team-facilitation expertise is assumed.
- Strong quantitative skills (advanced Excel, Access, statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, and/or Minitab) as well as comfort with advanced features of Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and theories in change management, and use information technology to drive process changes
- Demonstrated limitless curiosity to enter unfamiliar areas of the organization, and learn about the processes used
- Incumbents will possess high personal energy, the ability to energize team members, strong, positive interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to work comfortably with staff that have various levels of education and expertise (physicians through high-school graduate) and understand their work patterns.
- Demonstrated success in independently planning and managing multiple projects and reevaluating priorities in a self-directed manner and meeting challenging deadlines, and be willing to work long and flexible hours during peak project times to get the job done
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex issues independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
We invite you to send your resume with a cover letter to UHACareers@uhahealth.org. Please include “Project Manager’ in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer